NOTICE TO ALL SHORT-TERM VISITORS TO SINGAPORE: HEALTH CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS FOR PREVENTION OF IMPORTATION OF COVID-19 CASES
As announced by Singapore’s Ministry of Health (MOH) on 15 March 2020, from 16 March 2020, 2359 hours, all short-term visitors who are nationals of any ASEAN country(1) must submit requisite information on their health condition for clearance before their intended date of travel to Singapore.
All applicants must ensure that their applications have been approved by Singapore’s Ministry of Health (MOH) before their travel to Singapore. Approved applications will be verified by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) officers at the Singapore checkpoints. Short-term visitors who arrive in Singapore without the necessary approval, or proof of the place where they will serve the 14-day Stay-Home Notice or do not meet prevailing entry requirements, will be denied entry into Singapore.
All nationals of ASEAN countries are advised to obtain the approved health clearance from the Singapore Ministry of Health before making their travel bookings.
Please take note of the following for the application process:
- You may submit your declaration through this link www.healthclearance.gov.sg after 16 March 2359 hours.
- The processing time for all applications is between 14 – 21 days. You may wish to consider changing your travel itinerary if you are intending to travel within the next 21 days.
- The outcome of the applications will be sent to the email address provided in the declaration. Please ensure you have a copy of the approval at the Singapore checkpoints.
- Only one application per traveler will be processed at any one time. Please submit a new application if there are any changes to any of the items in the Health Clearance Form that has been submitted/approved. The most current application will be treated as a new application and only the most current application will be processed.
- Approvals are valid for 14 days from the date of approval.
Please take note of the following on Arrival in Singapore:
- Please present the approval letter to the Immigration Officer.
- All travelers entering Singapore who has traveled to the following countries within the last 14 days from the point of entry will be issued a 14-day Stay-Home Notice (SHN) (2): ASEAN countries, Japan, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.
- Travelers who will be put on SHN must provide proof of the place where they will serve the 14-day SHN, for example, a hotel booking covering the entire period or place of residence that they or their family members own.
1 ASEAN countries: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam.
2 The SHN will not apply to travelers transiting in Singapore without leaving the transit area.