Sampoerna Agro: To launch new power plants.
Sampoerna Agro (SGRO) will commence the operation of two biogas power plants in South Sumatera with a capacity of 2MW each. The company will supply 10% of the electricity generated to plantation areas and the remaining 90% to the residents living around the power plants as one of the company’s corporate social responsibility programmes. SGRO has invested US$7m to build the power plants with funds from internal cash. The company expects volume production to grow 15% yoy in 2015 as the El Nino impact is not as bad as that seen in 2014.